We may collect some or all of the following information from you when you visit our website:
1) personally-identifiable information that you voluntarily provide to us, such as your name, address, email address, birthdate, and telephone number;
2) information volunteered by you, such as survey information and/or information in connection with contest registrations; and/or
3) aggregate and non-personal information identifying the web pages that you access or visit.
The type of information we collect from you will depend on the web pages you access at our site. For example, you can visit our website and learn about our
products without providing personally-identifiable information. However, you may be required to provide us with personally-identifiable information when
ordering products from our site, registering on the site, entering our contests or promotions, completing our surveys and questionnaires, using the “Tell a
Friend” or “Share This” feature on our website, newsletters or other web-based communication or using our recipe boxes on our site. Some of these uses are
described in more detail below.
– If you purchase a product from our online store, we will request certain personally-identifiable information from you on our order form. You must provide
contact information (such as name, email, and shipping address) and financial information (such as credit card number, expiration date). We use this
information for billing purposes and to fill your orders. If we have trouble processing an order, we will use this information to contact you.
– You may choose to register on our site. The information requested during the registration process includes personally-identifiable information such as
your name, address, email address, birth date, and telephone number. We may also occasionally send you information on products and special promotions. You
can sign up for these emails from us on our registration page. If you wish to subscribe to our newsletter(s), we will use your name and email address to
send the newsletter to you.
– We may provide you the opportunity to participate in contests on our site. If you choose to participate, we will request certain personally-identifiable
information from you such as your name, address, email address, birth date, and telephone number. The requested information will also include information
contained in your contest entry.
- We may provide you the opportunity to participate in surveys on our site. If you choose to participate, we may request certain personally-identifiable
information from you. The requested information will also include survey responses.
Tell A Friend
– This site may, from time-to-time, include a “Tell a Friend” feature that makes it easy for you to forward information from our site to friends or family.
If you choose to tell a friend about our site, we will ask you for your friend’s name and email address. We will automatically send your friend a one-time
email inviting him or her to visit the site. We do not store this information except for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email
and tracking the success of our referral program.
Recipe Box; Recipe Rating
– You may elect to create and maintain your own personal recipe box on our site. You may also choose to review and rate a recipe where this feature is
offered. In order to create a recipe box or review and rate a recipe, you will be asked to provide your name, address, email address, and birth date.
– You may elect to create and maintain your own grocery list on our site. In order to create a grocery list, you will be asked to provide your name,
address, email address, and birth date.
- This site may, from time-to-time, include an “Email Recipe” feature that makes it easy for you to send a recipe from our site to friends or family. If
you choose to email a recipe to a friend, we will ask you for your friend’s name and email address. We will send your friend a one-time email containing
the recipe. We do not store this information except for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email.
– Certain features such as “Share This” or other social media elements available on our sites may involve features hosted by third party sites. For
example, some social-networking services allow you to share content from our website through your social-networking profile. If you choose to make use of
third-party social-networking services (such as Facebook or Twitter), we may receive personal information about you that you have made available through
those services. You should ensure that you are comfortable with the information your third-party social-networking services may make available to our
website by visiting those services’ privacy policies and by modifying your privacy settings directly on those services. Any information we receive through
third-party social-networking services may be used as described in this policy.
Information - When you participate in the different elements of our website, including through rating and reviewing a recipe, message boards, providing
tips, posting to Facebook or Twitter, or other interactive functions, you may submit information and content, such as a recipe, rating, picture,
information about yourself, etc. to the site. Please keep in mind that what you post or upload to the site is available to the public, so please exercise
caution when deciding whether to disclose anything personal about yourself. We cannot control the actions of third parties who may view the website and use
publicly-available information for their own purposes
Information Collected By Automated Means -
online features, and interactions with our emails and online advertisements. For example, through these means, we may collect your browser type and
operating system, viewed web pages, links that are clicked, IP address, sites visited before coming to our website, emails we send that you open, forward,
or click through to our website. Collecting this information, and linking it with your personally-identifiable information, helps us to best tailor our
website and enhance your online experience by saving your preferences while you are visiting a particular site, and to help identify site features,
recipes, advertisements, and offers that may be of particular interest to you.
We also may use third party advertisements placed by ad networks to support our site. Some of these advertisers and ad networks may use technology such as
cookies and web beacons/pixel tags when they advertise on our site, which will also send these advertisers and ad networks information including your IP
address, your ISP, the browser you used to visit our site, and whether you have Flash installed. Some of these advertisers and ad networks also may use
anonymous data, such as demographic data, received from third parties to assist in the delivery of advertisements to you. These advertisers and ad networks
use the information described above to provide you relevant advertisements based on your online behavior, search activities on our site and on other third
party sites, demographic information and/or relevant to your general location, so that the advertising you see on our site more closely reflects your
interests and needs. For example, if you search for or browse a, recipe or product on our site, you may see an advertisement from a third party with
information about, or an offer similar to, that for which you were searching or browsing on our site, or an offer related to a third party whose site you
have visited in the past.
You can set your Internet browser settings to stop accepting new cookies, to receive notice when you receive a new cookie, to disable existing cookies, and
to omit images (which will disable pixel tags). Note that the opt-out will apply only to the browser that you are using when you elect to opt out of
advertising cookies. You can learn more about and opt out from receiving third party advertiser cookies by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative’s
opt-out page here [http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/]. Please note, without
cookies or pixel tags, you may not be able to take full advantage of all of our website features.
Information Collected From Other Sources
- We may obtain information about you from other sources, including commercially available sources, such as data aggregators, public databases and other
third parties. This information may include name, demographic information, interests, and publicly-observed data, such as from social media and shopping
behavior. For example, if you are on another website, and you opt in to receive information from us, that website will forward to us your email address and
other information about you so we may contact you as requested. We may combine this information with the information we collect from you to help us tailor
our communications to you and to improve our services and products.
– We may share information among our various businesses and brands within The J.M. Smucker Company and its subsidiaries. We may provide your personal
information to third parties who provide services on our behalf. For example, we use an outside shipping company to fulfill orders, and a credit card
processing company to bill for goods. We use other third parties to provide promotions, contests, newsletters and hosting for our site. These service
providers may use the information solely in conjunction with the specific services they provide for us. These service providers are not authorized to use,
share, retain or store your personally-identifiable information for any other purpose. We may conduct joint promotions with other companies, and may share
with these promotional partners (and their service providers) personally-identifiable information necessary to conduct the promotion. We may also use and
disclose personally-identifiable information where we think it is necessary to investigate or prevent actual or expected fraud, or criminal activity or
injury or damage to us or others, including when requested or required by law enforcement or government officials. We will not share
personally-identifiable information with unaffiliated third parties. For California residents, please see Opting Out, below.
Aggregate Information (non-personally-identifiable)
- We may share aggregated demographic information about our user base with our partners and advertisers who perform services on our behalf. This
information does not identify individual users. We do this for online data analysis and research purposes to help provide our users with relevant tool and
features. We do not link aggregate user data with personally-identifiable information.
For California Residents
- We may share your personally-identifiable information with affiliated third parties, some of which do not share the name of The J.M. Smucker Company, for
their own direct marketing purposes. Because this category of affiliates is considered to be “unaffiliated parties” under California Law, you may opt out
of us sharing with them. To opt out, please send a letter with your name, postal address, e-mail, with the heading “California Privacy Rights” to:
Consumer Communications Center
1 Strawberry Lane
Orrville, Ohio 44667